Gamification is a superpower that CISOs can use to change the culture of an organization. On this episode of CISO Tradecraft we discuss how to use gamification concepts as a CISO.
What’s in a Game?
- Randomness or unpredictability
- Designed for fun and sometimes learning
What Makes a Game Fun?
- Challenge requires reasonable level of difﬁculty
- Fantasy compelling setting for game action; temporary suspension of reality
- Curiosity random events so that play is not completely deterministic
- Control learners are confronted with choices
What’s in a Learning Game?
- Active participation
- Immediate feedback
- Dynamic interaction
- Goal direction
5 Gamification Concepts
- Badges & Achievements
- Levels & Progression
- Virtual Economy
4 Player Types
- Killers are players motivated by leader boards and ranks. These players focus on winning and peer to peer competition. Their focus is on acting on other players.
- Achievers are players motivated by achievements and points. These players focus on achieving present goals quickly and completely. Their focus is on acting on the world.
- Socializers are players motivated by friends lists, chat, and news feeds. These players focus on socializing and developing a network of friends. Their focus is on interacting with players
- Explorers are players motivated by hidden content and levels. These players focus on exploring and discovering the unknown. Their focus is on interacting with the world.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
Glad you liked the episode. Gamification is really a great way to change culture.
Tuesday Apr 12, 2022
Really insightful and helpful.
Monday Apr 11, 2022
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.