On this episode of CISO Tradecraft, we discuss how to give a great presentation.
- Starting with the Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF)
- Using pictures to Capture Attention
- Asking Thought Provoking Questions
- Succinct Points to tell a story
- Decision slides that show
- The problem
- The proposed solution
- Cost to implement solution
- Why alternatives are not as good
- Next Steps after decision is made
We also discuss the Angels Cocktail which is a concept taken from a Ted Talk by JP Phillips
- Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that stimulates focus, motivation, and memory. If you want to use this chemical, then tell a story that has obstacles to build suspense and create cliffhangers
- Oxytocin is the hormone associated with generosity, trust, and bonding. If you want to use this chemical, tell a story that creates empathy or makes you vulnerable. You can make the story more impactful by using the concept of delaying resolution of the story.
- Endorphins are the last hormone which are associated with making people creative, relaxed, and focused. If you want to use this chemical try making others laugh. One way to do this is by being overly dramatic.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.