Most organizations generate revenue by hosting online transactions. Cryptography is a key enabler to securing online transactions in untrusted spaces. Therefore it's important for CISOs to understand how it works. This episode discusses the fundamentals of cryptography:
- What are the requirements for cryptography?
- How long has cryptography been around?
- Are there differences between legacy and modern cryptography?
- Differences between symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Common use of encryption at rest
- Encryption in transit