Special Thanks to our podcast sponsor, NowSecure. On this episode, Brian Reed (Chief Mobility Officer at NowSecure) stops in to provide a world class education on Mobile Application Security. It's incredible to think that 70% of internet traffic is coming over mobile devices. Most of this traffic occurs via mobile applications so we need to understand mobile application security testing, before attackers show us how important it is. This episode will help you understand:
- What should you be doing to secure your mobile applications?
- Why managing a mobile device doesn't secure your application layer?
- How should you vet your mobile applications according to recommendations from OWASP
- NowSecure Academy provides free mobile application security training and certificate programs- https://academy.nowsecure.com/
Mobile app growth trends and security issues in the news- https://www.nowsecure.com/mobile-app-breach-news/
- Snapshot of the current risk profile for mobile apps in your industry- https://mobilerisktracker.nowsecure.com/
- App Defense Alliance https://appdefensealliance.dev/
- Google Play Data Safety- https://blog.google/products/google-play/data-safety/
- OWASP CycloneDX- https://owasp.org/www-project-cyclonedx/
- OWASP MASVS- https://github.com/OWASP/owasp-masvs
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.