Here's a nice overview of cybersecurity on passwords, authentication, rainbow tables, and password managers. Enjoy the show and check out our other podcasts.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
- Risk3Sixty: Being able to clearly articulate your vision for your security program to the board and other executives within your firm is critical to obtaining the buy in you need for your program's success. Risk3Sixty has created a presentation template that helps you structure your thoughts while telling a compelling story about where you want your security program to go. Download it today for free at: https://risk3sixty.com/?utm_source=cisotradecraft&utm_medium=podcast&utm_campaign=2023-ct&utm_term=1week&utm_content=sponser
- CPrime: Today's "CISO Tradecraft" is sponsored by Cprime, offering advanced tech training for exceptional teams. Experience hands-on, lab-driven classes in just two days, enhancing your skills for immediate on-the-job impact. Discover our sought-after three-day Microsoft PowerBI training, empowering you to craft dashboards, integrate data, and perform swift statistical analysis. Visit Cprime.com/train, use code 'cprimepod' for 15% off, and elevate your expertise!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:02 Evaluating Password Management Solutions and Design-Making Approaches
- 05:36 Password Security and Authentication Methods
- 27:25 Background Sanitization, Password Storage, and Login Screen Risks
- 28:52 The Importance of Commercial Password Managers and Security Threats
- 31:27 Considerations for Choosing a Password Manager