Are you a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) looking to share your knowledge and insights with the world? In this episode, we explore how CISOs can embark on their journey of writing their first book. Join us as we delve into valuable tips and advice, including learning from renowned author Bill Pollock, who has paved the way for aspiring CISO authors.
Risk3Sixty is cyber security technology and consulting firm that works with high-growth technology firms to help leaders build, manage and certify security, privacy, and compliance programs. They publish weekly thought leadership, webinars, and downloadable resources like budget and assessment templates.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 04:37 How No Starch Press was Founded
- 07:24 The Rise and Fall of the Hacking Underground
- 11:41 How to be a Successful Hacker
- 14:11 How to Edit a Book
- 16:38 How to Be a Good Writer
- 18:14 How to Write a Book Proposal
- 23:50 How to Overclock Your Computer
- 26:31 The Future of AI
- 28:15 The Value of a Author Book Publishing Agreement
- 33:39 How to Make Money Writing a Book
- 37:34 The No Starch Press Foundation and the Hacker Initiative
- 40:30 Hacker Initiative: A Public Charity for Cyber Security