Have you ever wondered how to negotiate your best CISO compensation package? On this episode, we invite Michael Piacente from Hitch Partners to discuss important parts of the compensation packages. Examples include but are not limited to: - Base Salary,
- Bonuses (Annual, Relocation, & Hiring)
- Reserve Stock Units
- Annual Leave
- Title (VP or SVP)
- Directors & Officers Insurance
- Accelerated Vesting Clauses
- Severance Agreements
You can learn more about CISO compensations by Googling any of the following compensation surveys
- Hitch Partners CISO Compensation and Organizational Structure Survey Report: https://www.hitchpartners.com/ciso-security-leadership-survey-results-23
- Heidrick & Struggles Global Chief Information Officer Survey: https://www.heidrick.com/en/insights/...
- IANS CISO Compensation and Budget Benchmark Study: https://www.iansresearch.com/ciso-com...
Full Transcripts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e...
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:58 What's the Difference?
- 06:50 The Three-Legged Stool (Base Salary, Bonuses, RSUs)
- 11:44 Is there a signing bonus?
- 13:56 What's the difference between RSUs & Options?
- 18:52 Private Companies - What's the Value of the Offer?
- 22:04 Double Triggers in Private Companies
- 26:38 Should you counter an offer?
- 28:17 Corporate Liability Insurance
- 29:50 Do you want to be extended on the Director and Officer Insurance Policy?
- 32:56 How to negotiate a severance agreement
- 36:00 Compensation Survey Reports
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.